Download a free Agricultural Science Grade 12 Study Guide on this page. Agricultural Sciences is the study of the relationship between soils, plants and animals in the production and processing of food, fibre, fuel and other agricultural commodities that have an economic, aesthetic and cultural value. Agricultural Sciences is an integrated science. It combines knowledge and skills from Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, Social Sciences, Earth Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics and Economics. This subject must be seen within the holistic science framework rather than as an isolated science.
What knowledge are you going to gain from Agriculture Grade 12 Subject:
- develop an awareness of the management and care of the environment, natural resources and the humane treatment of animals through application of science and related technology
- develop problem-solving mechanisms within the contexts of agricultural production, processing and marketing practices
- be aware of the social and economic development of the society at large through personal development in commercial and subsistence farming enterprises
- become informed and responsible citizens in the production of agricultural commodities, caring for the environment and addressing social justice issues
- be aware of agricultural indigenous knowledge and practices through understanding agricultural sciences in historical and social contexts.
Topics covered on Agriculture Grade 12 Study Guide
Topic 1 Animal nutrition and digestion
Topic 2 Animal production
Topic 3 Animal reproduction
Topic 4 Animal health and diseases
Topic 5 Basic agricultural genetics
Topic 6 Agric-economic production factors
Topic 7 Agricultural marketing
Topic 8 Agricultural entrepreneurship and business planning