- Consultant: Dr A De Bruin
- Consultant: Dr M Trouw
- Consultant: Dr J Biko
- Consultant: Dr H Kruger
- Consultant: Dr Z Nene
- Medical Officer: Dr K Singh
- Registrar (Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Pretoria)
- Clinic nurses
- Clinic Secretary
Reproductive Biology Laboratory (RBL)
- Prof. C Huyser (Head of the Laboratory)
- Embryologists (scientists and technologists)
- Laboratory Secretary
- Mr G Boshoff
- Ms S Maharaj
Who do we see?
- Infertile couples (see “Referral for Infertility“)
- Couples where either partner has a history of fertility related problems
- Partner has a low sperm count or abnormal semen parametersEndocrine problems associated with infertility
- HIV positive couples who wish to undergo risk reduction methods of Assisted Reproductive Techniques (ART). Certain criteria must be met before ART can be offered.
- All patients must have a referral letter with copies of the required recent results. (Please see “Basic Workup“)
- Patients must follow the appropriate referral system from the Primary Health Care Facility or Medical Practitioner or Secondary Health Care Facility or Gynaecologist.
- Our Unit encourages openness of all medical conditions between both partners prior to the initial consultation in order for the unit to provide the couple with the appropriate and optimal care.
- Both partners are seen together at the initial and follow up appointments.
What we do
- Infertility work-up
- Laparoscopic surgery where indicated
- Assisted Reproduction Technology (ART) procedures:
- Intra-uterine insemination (IUI)
- In-vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Intra-Cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Intra-uterine insemination with donor sperm
- In-vitro fertilization with donor sperm
- In-vitro fertilization or ICSI with an oocyte (egg) donor
- In-vitro fertilization or ICSI with a surrogate mother.
Please note: patients will need to arrange their own oocyte donor and surrogate mother.